- Naive and jingoistic criticism of IEEE president-everything an organisation the size of the IEEE does is political: http://theinstitute.ieee.org/resources/ieee-news/members-weigh-in-on-ieee-president-bartlesons-message-in-response-to-ustravel-ban
- This news comes out the same week as Ghost in the Shell opens: https://techcrunch.com/2017/03/27/elon-musks-neuralink-wants-to-boost-the-brain-to-keep-up-with-ai/ Coincidence?
- There's no 'I' in team but there's one in 'stupid' and two in 'idiot': http://www.executivestyle.com.au/buzzwords-are-a-load-of-bull-1rq2c
- D.TRUMP, a measure of how badly people (students) misunderstand things: http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/03/29/boffins_give_dtrump_artificial_intelligence/
- Not so much an ANN generating recipes, as an ANN generating strings of characters that resemble recipes: http://lewisandquark.tumblr.com/post/140219420017/the-silicon-gourmet-training-a-neural-network-to
- Paper "Failures of Deep Learning": https://arxiv.org/abs/1703.07950
- A deep ANN-based lip-reading system: http://www.bbc.com/news/technology-39298199
- Not so much reverse-engineering as duplicating from open resources: https://medium.com/startup-grind/i-reverse-engineered-a-500m-artificial-intelligence-company-in-one-week-heres-the-full-story-d067cef99e1c
- It's not out-sourcing that destroyed the jobs, it's technology: https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/28/upshot/evidence-that-robots-are-winning-the-race-for-american-jobs.html?_r=0
- Who's liable when an AI gets it wrong? https://betanews.com/2017/03/21/artificial-intelligence-robotics-liability/
- A graph theory-based traffic routing system for preventing traffic jams: https://motherboard.vice.com/en_us/article/new-ai-algorithm-beats-even-the-worlds-worst-traffic
Monday, April 3, 2017
Review for 3 April 2017
Below are some of the interesting links I Tweeted about recently.